Tuesday 6 January 2009

New Year's Resolutions

1. Find out exactly what a resolution is, and why Daddy has asked me all the things I want to make sure I do in 2009.

2. Learn to sit up all by myself. I'm nearly there, but I can't quite manage it yet, and it will be very handy to be able to do it at 3am so I can make sure Daddy's awake by looking at him at eye level as I start howling at the moon.

3. Avoid mentioning politics, as Daddy gets a bit...agitated when the subject comes up. And while we're on the subject, don't let Daddy out of my sight if that Mr Brown calls one of those election thingies, as according to Mummy she and Amber lost him for a month the last time around.

4. Poo little and less often. Solid foods are a bit of a pain sometimes - literally.

5. Have my first Chinese Takeaway. Apparently they are rather worth waiting for.

6. Be as cute as my sister was at whatever age I'm at. Tall order, but I'll try and manage it.

7. Improvise, adapt, avoid the problem unless it will get worse if you don't meet it head on now. Actually that's one of Daddy's but he says it's good advice for anybody.

8. Go and visit Daddy's favourite nursery where he did his Childcare training at least a couple more times before the end of the year so everyone can try and persuade him to put me in there occasionally.

Wait! Hang on a minute...

9. Witness at least one of these mysterious gaming sessions at Conception for myself, and make more than enough noise to require my instant removal.

10. Don't scream quite as much when Daddy is doing the post-feed clean up.

11. Let Daddy go to the toilet without using my best Shriek to ensure I am present.

12. Don't giggle at inappropriate moments when not managing to fulfill number 11.

There are lots more fizzing madly around my little baby brain, but for now they will have to wait as Daddy and I need to go into town and do some shopping.

Bye for now!

No comments: