Monday 29 September 2008

My Wonderful Garden

I love our back garden. I'd spend all day out there with Daddy (apart from the times when I'm having my feed or down one of the Quays feeding the birdies, obviously) if I could.

When I'm in a bad mood I tell Daddy in my most persuasive Yell that I want to go outside. So he puts on his T-shirt and my jacket if its cold and we go out the back and into the garden.

There are so many fun things to look at out there. We have two bunny rabbits, who are called Mister Scruffles and Syco. Well that's what Daddy calls them, anyway. Mummy and Amber call Syco 'Katie' instead, but Daddy says 'no, she's a cat-beating syco'.

When Syco is in her hutch she doesn't seem to do very much, and Daddy says she is doing her impresson of a Big Fat Dead Thing. It's quite a good impression actually.

Mister Scruffles has been changing lately. He was brown all over, but now he seems to have lots of black patches on him, especially around his bottom. Mummy has been wrapping him up in a cloth and doing things to him. Mummy says he needs to shed his extra fur, but he doesn't look very happy about it. When she wraps him up, his fur flies everywhere and Daddy says Mummy is plucking him like a chicken, whatever that is.

There is a big tree in our garden. I can spend ages watching the wind move the leaves about, and today I sat on Daddy's lap for five minutes looking at its reflection in the patio doors. I think it's so amazing.

Daddy says we are on a 'geese flight path', whatever that means. But those great big birds that make the 'honk, honk' noise and fly over twenty at a time are wonderful, I follow them until they are just dots in the sky.

I love the sky too. I look at it in total silence for ages. Daddy tells me what he thinks the weather is going to do when I am looking up at it. Tonight there were big clouds so he says maybe it will rain and all the grass will be wet in the morning.

Our garden has the best sky ever. It is huge and blue, and at night has hundreds of stars in it that I love to look at wrapped up in Daddy's arms and my special yellow Blanky.

I have had lots of time in the garden today. Once Syco sniffed my toes and I giggled. Daddy says she is figuring out what I am and whether or not I am edible. The way I saw her polish off the carrot Mummy gave her today he might not be totally kidding. I'm sure nothing can get that fat being purely vegetarian, that's for sure.

Tomorrow I am going to see my friend Chloe. She shares her toys with me and is really nice. I'll tell you all about it afterwards.

Night night and sleep tight everyone.

No comments: