Tuesday 30 September 2008

Tummy Time

Now I have discovered my tummy and all the fun things I can do while lying on it, I want to be on it all the time. Even when Mummy is changing my nappy. This is making Daddy laugh.

When I lie down on my big Eeyore blanky I play with my teething keys which make tinkle tinkle noises, then I roll over on my tummy and try to inhale everything within reach, including my own hands. This means that Mummy and Daddy need to keep moving me about so I'm not lying in a pool of my own dribble. They are very obliging like that.

When I'm on my tummy everything looks closer somehow. But its really difficult to reach stuff because I'm holding myself up by my arms, so I have to Yell to get Mummy and Daddy to bring me things to chew on. This is because I have three - three! - teeth coming.

Poopy teeth. They started coming at nine weeks. Daddy says this is further evidence that I am an alien brought to earth to frustrate his plans to dominate the universe. Or something. What it means is that I have to fight my compulsion to shove my hands in my mouth all the time - I'm not very good at it unfortunately, so Mummy and Daddy have to keep wiping my face and popping my dummy back in after extricating my hands. Sometimes they make a cool 'pop' noise when they come out, it makes Mummy and Daddy laugh.

It is my ambition to be able to do what Nate does and fit my entire fist in my mouth without chundering. After all, everyone should have a hobby.

No comments: