Friday 10 October 2008

Fighting Back Against The System. Man.

Yep, that's what I've been doing today. Asserting my Baby Rights against the Matriarchal/Patriarchal Hierarchy. Right on!

See I'm supposed to have a daytime sleep for at least an hour or so as well as my little naps or I get really cranky by the evening. That's what Mummy and Daddy aka the Parental Oppressors say. But would I succumb to the demands of the System today? No, I wouldn't!

What's brought all this on? Weeeell, I got my first ever black T-Shirt today. As I am a proper Gothy rebel now I have the clothing to prove it, I thought I'd better get with the struggle. Or Something.

Apart from the general snippiness caused by my lack of a proper kip, and my poopy teeth still giving me serious issues I had another fun day, actually. I stayed with Daddy while Mummy took Amber and her schoolfriend Frankie to the swimming pool they go to on a Friday morning and then Mummy went swimming with her other friend at a different pool, just to be confusing. Once I had my 10 o'clock feed Daddy took me into Christchurch in the Tank (well that's what Daddy calls my Buggy/Car Seat combo anyway). Apparently when Grandad was in the Army he drove Tanks, which means he was a bit of a funny soldier to be pushing baby buggies about the place. When he learns to speak Gurgle I shall ask him about it.

When we got to Christchurch we went to the Library. That's a place where you have to be really quiet and not make any noise, Daddy says, so I decided to be good and hardly made a sound the whole time we were in there. Daddy was so pleased with me that he took me to see one of my top Cooing friends, the lady who runs the Chilly Wizard shop.

She is a very nice lady, who always spends ages talking to me in between customers. The Chilly Wizard is one of Daddy's favourite food places as it sells special Sorbets that he can eat because they have no Dairy in them to hurt his tummy, and also they sell Ice Cream for Diabetic people (who must be from Diabia or somewhere else exotic) as well as regular ice cream.

They make the best Ice Cream in Dorset Daddy says. When they say they are offering Strawberry flavour, they really mean made with fresh strawberries, right there in the store. Sometimes you can watch them making it if you are there at the right time, and whenever the Lady is trying out new flavours she always offers some to Mummy, Daddy and Amber so they can try them out and tell her what they think.

Daddy's friends always come in pairs. Yesterday we walked out of the Sports Shop from seeing one friend and then saw another, and today as soon as we left the Chilly Wizard we saw another friend of Daddy's. Daddy hadn't seen her since I was born as apparently she works very long hours and he hardly ever bumps into her anymore.

She gave me very big smiles and Cooed over me lots and lots, and I gave her great big smiles back again too. I think she is very nice and I hope we will bump into her again soon so I can have more Cooing. She thought me having my own Blog was a very funny idea and said she would come and read all about the rest of my day. So if she does come and see what I've been up to, then hello and big hugs to her :)

We popped into the jewellers for yet more Cooing (I have so many fans) and then Daddy walked me back home again to see Mummy. Mummy gave me my next feed and then we went shopping for more clothes for me in Boscombe. This was when I got the black T-shirt I mentioned above, and felt like a proper Goth Baby. I also got a new sleepsuit, two more tops and a really cute pair of jeans. Bonus!

It was all go though, and Mummy had to go and pick my sister up from school and then came back to collect me and took us both over to Granny and Grandad's house so Daddy could get on with some jobs he had to do. I let Granny hold me for a whole five minutes without screaming the place down, wasn't I good? Course I screamed the place down the second she'd used up her five minute goodwill quota, but that's not the point.

Once I came home with Mummy (Amber stays over at Granny's on a Friday night normally) I finally succumbed to tiredness during my feed and fell asleep for a while. But when I did wake up, my was I a cranky little soul. Daddy had to wrap me up in my lovely yellow Blanky and take me out to the back garden. It was very dark outside, but the clouds were only thin and weedy so I could see the gorgeous moon again. It was very bright tonight and I stared at it for ages, couldn't take my eyes off it in fact. In fact it was so relaxing that I dozed off again, right there in Daddy's arms!

When I woke up I still wasn't a happy camper because I just hadn't had enough sleep, and I was virtually ready for my last feed before bedtime, too. I was so wrecked that I went to sleep in my cot while Mummy and Daddy sorted out loads of washing on the bed next to me.

Mummy and Daddy are very tired so I may give them a lie-in tomorrow. I'm thinking that giving into the demands of the System may earn me more cuddles, now I come to think of it...

Night night and sleep tight everyone.

No comments: