Saturday 25 October 2008

That Is Illogical, Mummy

We got two £75 discount vouchers from Comet in the post today. Mummy says this means when she has finished her Driving Instructor Training we can now pay £120 more for a new TV than we were going to before we got the vouchers.

Daddy says that's insane. Mummy says it's Female Logic and mustn't be questioned. What do you think?

In other news, we went to Christchurch today to help my big sister spend some of her birthday money. She bought some cool things and got herself a Raspberry Ripple Milkshake from the Chilly Wizard man. I was looking quite carefully, but he still didn't have a pointy hat or a staff so I call shenanigans on him being magical. I think he just makes really yummy ice cream.

Today I have been very mimpy indeed. My toothies are being a pain in the, erm, mouth. So I am spreading the pain around by doing most of my business in Shriek all say long. I even managed to give Daddy a headache by sheer volume earlier, that'll teach him not to pop those teeth for me when I want him to. I don't care how he does it, I'll take pliers or experimental dental surgery at this point.

I also managed to really get him good earlier by pooing nicely whilst he was in the middle of changing the first half of the poopy nappy. He shouldn't have been quite so quick to lay me down, should he? I mean you'd think he'd have figured out what a little wotsit I am with the nappy changes by now, and pooing in mid-change takes me to a whole new level of sheer, bloody-minded awkwardness. That's what Daddy says anyway, and as his dutiful little girl who am I to argue?

See the butter in my mouth? Not melting.

Mummy and Amber are going to do lots of baking in half-term. So they picked up a recipe book in Christchurch and we all went to Sainsbury's to pick up ingredients before my last feed. Mummy and Daddy had a playfight over who got to push me when we were in there. In the end Daddy jumped up on Mummy and she nearly had to give him a piggyback until we got home. At one point he grabbed the trolley and backed off, calling 'Toro, Toro!' and got a ding. I don't know what a Toro is, but I don't think Mummy appreciated being compared to one. Silly Daddy.

I didn't want to go to bed when we got back though. Mummy and Daddy ought to have figured out that if I manage to get a little 15 minute Powernap before my last feed I'm going to be impossible to get down straight away. And tonight I managed to drop off on the way back from Sainsbury's.

So in the end after much upset and Headflinging upstairs in the bedroom, Daddy took me out the back garden in my baby sleeping bag and my famous yellow blanky. He stood so the wind wouldn't get me very much and cuddled me and sang to me until I went to sleep. I must find his singing and the sound of the wind whistling through the trees very soothing indeed.

Night night and sleep tight everyone.

No comments: