Thursday 23 October 2008

Mummy Passed The Test, And Will Remain Nothing Like Galadriel

I went to the library with Daddy yesterday. Mummy needed to get prepared for her Uber Driving Theory Test Of Doom and I was being a bit of a mimper because I knew she was going out soon and wouldn't be back for a long time, so he strapped me into the Tank and off we went, leaving her to stress in peace.

Daddy seems to know a lot of people in Christchurch. It seems like every two minutes we were stopping to chat with pregnant ladies, older ladies, ladies with children and even the lady behind the counter in the library started handing him things when we were in there. Daddy ummed and aahed and wasnt sure whether or not to tell Mummy that the pregnant lady's baby was actually overdue but her bump only looked like Mummy's did at about four months.

When he did later on, Mummy just said 'I hate you' and walked off in a huff. Daddy should have resisted the temptation, but then Daddy is really, really bad at that.

Anyway, after we got back from our walk I had a little sleep after crashing out in the Tank, which is definitely more comfy than the ones Grandad used to drive by all accounts. When I woke up Mummy still wasn't home. I was so outraged that I completely refused to nosh the feed Daddy gave me and I think he felt a bit stressed that I hadn't had any lunch. Neither had he of course, serves him right for not getting Mummy back quicker.

However Daddy is nothing if not persistent, and he calmed me down and stopped me screaming my head off eventually and got me a fresh bottle. I suddenly realised there was a big hole in my tummy where the milk should be and actually noshed this one. I think Daddy felt quite chuffed.

In the middle of that feed Mummy rang in with good news - she scored 95% on her test! Daddy was very pleased for her and when we finished the feed he gave me a burping and then stood me on the desk in front of him and we did a little victory dance to Adrenalin O.D.'s version of the Baby Elephant Walk. This, however, shifted what was also part of the reason I hadn't wanted the first feed.

One poopy nappy change later (and my wasn't Daddy lucky that Mummy came in part way through to stop me flinging myself happily about and making things considerably harder than they needed to be) and it was shading towards one of the favourite parts of my day - Amber Time!

Whenever Daddy can, he goes down to the bus stop to pick up my big sister from there so he can have some nice time with her as she walks back and find out how her day at Big Big School has been. Today however she had forgotten her bus fare so Mummy took me in the car to pick her up so daddy could get on with some housework. But even though I didn't really feel like a drive, Mummy made me go with her anyway. How dare she not take the hint of nearly an hour's solid screaming?

Later on and Mummy was nursing a headache which had mysteriously appeared during the ride to Amber's school. Because we were now having a mild evening, Daddy took me out the back garden in my yellow blanky and Amber came out with us. At first Daddy pretended he couldn't find her by always turning away from her and making her do really silly things to stay in our sight. This made me giggle a lot.

Then Daddy decided to do his best impression of a man called Davidattunburr. He put on a very breathless and silly voice and pretended to be hunting Amber, only he called her the 'very rare Lesser Grinning Idjit' and said she could be tracked by her spoor of coats, purses and pencil cases. Amber tried very hard to be outraged but ended up not being able to help giggling in the end. It seems my sissy is being a bit careless with some of the things she takes to school, and Daddy is getting a bit miffed off with her about it.

We had a really good time out in the garden. When we got back in however I made really sure that there would be no escape to hockey practice for Mummy and her headache, no sir! So I detonated a serious Size Seven in my nappy, which then exploded out onto my leg. And so Mummy helped Daddy by holding my little tentacles away from my bottom. By the time we were done and I had screamed a bit more it was late enough and Mummy's head was banging enough that she blew out hockey practice, yay for me!

So at bedtime I got Mummy cuddles even though I wasn't supposed to - I think I'm getting rather good at this...

No comments: